Wednesday, March 02, 2016

How Well Does Your Church Understand the Role of Pastor?


Whenever I hear someone say, “I’m helping my pastor get his ministry accomplished,” I cringe just a little. I know this statement comes from a good heart, but there is a better and biblical principle still to be discovered.

So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-13)

This passage seems clear enough, but a striking number of churches don’t fully understand, embrace or practice this biblical plan.

There are three interpretations commonly practiced within the local church when it comes to understanding the role of pastor and the congregation. Read More

No comments: