Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Three Essentials For Every Pastor's Toolbox


The summer after my junior year of college I took up The Life and Dairy of David Brainerd. The book was fascinating and challenging for many reasons, but one thing baffled me. In his diary, Brainerd would record several preaching engagements a day. I could not comprehend how he did it. Was he preaching the same sermon over and over again? Was he at home each night crafting these sermons beforehand? How?

As I've entered the ministry myself, I've come to realize preaching is not one-size-fits-all. Depending on the setting, the audience, and my schedule, I've come to rely on three different forms of preaching/teaching. Whether you are a seminarian, a current pastor, or just a curious church member, let me lift the lid and show you the three most trusty tools in my box. Read More

No comments: