Thursday, February 12, 2009

Churches need to utilize 'mini-cultures'

http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/mission/missionthinking/churches_need_to_utilise_mini_cultures/

[sydneyanglicans.net] 12 Feb 2009--Lately, I have been excited to see congregational leaders planning how to best utilise the gifts God has given members of their congregations.

Many of my friends have spoken of using the church weekend away to examine and uncover the gifts they have and thinking about how to use them to promote the name of Jesus within the congregation. Others have told me of courses and workbooks (usually originating from the United States) that have helped in doing this.

I’m all for that, as I am committed to the priesthood of all believers, and am sure God draws us into fellowship with each other so we may share the gifts for the common good.

However, it seems to me that one are of neglect is the “mini cultures” we are part of.

No comments: