Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ed Stetzer: Theological Education on Mission


How can seminaries be more focused on the mission of God?

Recently, I was asked to look over the mission courses of a seminary in Africa. Here is some of the feedback I sent (removing the parts specific to the school and expanded a bit for this article). Though I don't claim to be an expert on theological education, I think it is applicable to any school asking similar questions.

I've also shared some ideas like this at the annual faculty workshop at Biblical Seminary (which has focused on "missional education" as part of their emphasis). However, instead of a two day faculty workshop, this is just a brief primer rather than an exhausive treatment.

Here is some of the advice that I gave to a seminary in Africa on how to effectively be a missional institution.... Keep reading

No comments: