Monday, June 17, 2019

Monday's Catch: The Worshiping Church and More


Is Your Church a Worshiping Church?

During this blog post series, I am trying to help you assess your church by providing ten questions to evaluate your church’s approach to each of the purposes of the church: worship, evangelism, discipleship, ministry, prayer, and fellowship. In addition, I ask about your church’s biblical foundation and Great Commission commitment. Today’s questions focus on your church’s worship. Read More

Ten Things I've Learned about Worship

I still remember the first worship service I attended more than 40 years ago. I understood very little of it, as I was not yet a believer. Over the last several decades, though, here are some things I’ve learned about worship.Read More

Five Ways Congregational Worship Shapes Us

Taylor Cain examines five ways that congregational worship shapes Christians. Read More

5 Reasons People Are Drifting From Church

When it comes to church, drift leads to distance and distance leads to disconnection. The point of weekly worship is not attendance; it’s participation in the body of Christ. Read More

9 "Without's" That Get in the Way of Growing a Healthy Church

I’m accustomed to thinking about things we need to do to lead a church to growth. What I don’t often think about is the focus of this post: “without’s” that hinder church growth. Let me know your thoughts about these “without’s.” Read More

Why I’m Not Pushing For Church Growth Any More

For years I pushed for growth. And it nearly pushed me out of pastoral ministry. Read More

A Simple (Catechism) Game For Little Kids

When I was discussing who God is with my Muslim barber, I was helped by my 4-year-old piping up from the waiting area: “God is a loving union of three: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.” Read More

No comments: