Saturday, December 10, 2022

Children’s Sermon Guidelines: 4 Tips for a Great Message


By Mark Pierce

How do you feel about children’s sermon at your church? If you’re on the fence about the effectiveness of kids messages, keep reading…

A mom approached me after a recent Sunday evening worship service. “I wasn’t going to come tonight,” she said. “I worked all day and was tired. So I came home and just wanted to crash. But Anna would have none of it. She said, ‘Mom, I want to go to church!'”

Typically, fewer than 60 people attend our Sunday evening services. Yet our fastest-growing demographic is children younger than 10. Why? Because we make our services child-friendly, with a meaningful children’s sermon.

This year, we added a children’s sermon to each service. We invite elementary children to come up front with me. Usually, I sit on the platform and have them sit around me. These talks typically last 7 to 10 minutes.

What is it about these short talks that makes a child ask to come to church? Read More

See Also: 
Bible Lessons and Sermons4KidsChildren’s Church or Big Church: Where Should Children Worship?

No comments: