Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ed Stetzer: Compelled to Missional Living (Part 3)


Two weeks ago, I published an article about how missional living engages us to see life through God's perspective. It was an idea that Philip Nation and I wrote about in our book Compelled: Living the Mission of God.

Last week, I wrote about how the Holy Spirit works to empower us to move into a posture of missional living.

LifeWay (where I serve) is offering our book Compelled: Living the Mission of God for just $5 in-store, while supplies last. Come on, people! Only $5.

The last two weeks, I've offered some thoughts about the why behind missional living. I believe that the principle motivation is love (2 Corinthians 5:14). I lead a research company that surveys and studies all sorts of things. But love is not something that we can necessarily quantify. It is one of those things that you know it when you see it and you can feel the lack of it when it's absent.

The following is something that I wrote about in my book Compelled: Living the Mission of God. I hope it is something that you will investigate for yourself and whether or not it is present within your church.Our love for God appears most evident when it is tangible in our actions. Sure we can say in our hearts (and with our mouths), "I really, really love God." But the proof is in our living. Keep reading

No comments: