Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Privilege of Praying for Your Pastor


Our church recently completed a study based on Thom Rainer's eye-opening book "I Am a Church Member." In the book, Rainer shared practical insight for developing the right attitude about the part we play as members of the Body of Christ. I breezed through the first few chapters with an air of superiority. As the wife of a pastor for more than 15 years, I was completely proud of myself for being a "model" church member. After all, I was already obeying most of the principles articulated in the book. I kept thinking, "It sure would be great if 'brother and sister so-and-so' read this book." (Be honest. You know you have thought this too!)

I gleefully stood on my pedestal -- until I got to chapter four.

The title, "I Will Pray for My Church Leaders," hit me on the head like a ton of bricks, knocking me off my pedestal and down to my knees. Keep reading

No comments: