Wednesday, June 11, 2014

3 Pieces of Advice from a Church Planter to Church Planters


Church planting is difficult, but a few simple actions can make it a bit easier.

When I planted my first church in Buffalo in 1988, I was considered strange. People asked why I was planting a new church instead of pastoring an established one and wondered aloud if maybe I couldn't land a real ministry job.

From that time to today, the sentiment around church planting has changed entirely. There is a tangible enthusiasm and passion for planting than only continues to increase. In fact, Christianity Today published an article a few years ago pronouncing church planting as the new default mode of evangelism; a far cry from the mass evangelism of yesteryear, a la massive crusades or the "Four Spiritual Laws."

Planting is on the increase, and I think that is a good thing. As a church planter myself, and one who cares passionately about church planting, I would like to share three bits of advice for churches involved in planting – and that should be every church to some degree. Keep reading

No comments: