Thursday, July 11, 2013

7 Keys to Maximizing Your Summer


I just can’t believe it is already the middle of June. Busy, busy, busy!!! Every season has certain rhythms with summer being the time of vacations and trying to get away. We must redeem even the summer time by taking full advantage of the opportunities that God gives us. Are we doing that? Are we taking full, complete, total advantage of the doors HE is opening? What goals has God placed upon your heart for the next three to six months and what are you going to do to make them become a reality?

Please do not think I am talking about being busier because all of us are busy enough but we need to make sure we are doing the necessary things God has called us to do. This is not about doing more, but rather, about doing the right things in the life rhythms we are already in. Thom Rainer put it this way. “God calls us to make a transformational impact on the world, not provide a carnival of frenetic activity for ourselves.”

This is one of the reasons I believe in a coaching/mentoring relationship so strongly. All of us need a leader in our lives who helps us stay focused on the goals in front of us and how to best reach them. The other day my coach said, “How will you maximize the summer instead of excusing the summer?” Wow, that got me and caused me to wonder, “How could I maximize my time to help others to W.I.N. through evaluation?” What are we doing well? What do we need to improve? What will we do different the next time?

Here are ways you can maximize your summer.... Read more
We are now nearing the middle of July. What is your church doing to make the best use of summer?

No comments: