Monday, July 08, 2013

Books: Saving Eutychus

Gary Millar and Phil Campbell. Saving Eutychus: How to Preach God’s Word and Keep People Awake. Kingsford, Australia: Matthias Media, 2013. $16.99.

Parenting is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Preaching and pastoring are a close second. At home, I praise God for a wonderful helper in my wife who has encouraged and rebuked me with much grace in order to help me become a better parent. Unfortunately, I struggled for years to find such help in preaching. Sure, I read all the preaching books and went to many preaching conferences. However, with few exceptions, there was little practical instruction.

That said, Gary Millar and Phil Campbell have written Saving Eutychus for folks just like me. In fact, I think this is the best “how to” preaching book I’ve ever read. Let me explain. Read more

No comments: