Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Nine Steps for a Pastor’s First 90 Days


I remember well receiving a call from one of my sons. It was his first day on the job as a new pastor. It was also his first fulltime ministry position. His words were amusing: “Okay, Dad. I’m here. What do I do next?”

A new pastor has a great opportunity to begin a ministry positively. Conversely, the first 90 days can also be the eventual downfall of a pastor. I’ve spoken with hundreds of pastors around the country; many of them have shared with me their keys to early successes. I distilled them to nine steps that should help most any new pastor.

By the way, these nine steps require much upfront investment of time. You can slow down after the first 90 days, but this time is too critical to short change any one step. Read more

No comments: