Monday, July 01, 2013

Thom Rainer: Ten Things I’ve Learned about Pastors in Two Years


Though this blog is four years old, I did not get serious about the pace of my blogging until about two years ago. If you have spent any time at my blog, you know that I devote a lot of my writings to local church matters in general, and to pastors specifically.

The world of the pastor is not unknown to me. I served as a lead pastor in four churches and, when I was a seminary dean, as an interim pastor in eight more churches. I also served as a church consultant for about 20 years before coming to LifeWay.

But it has been at this blog the past two years that I really feel like I know pastors more in breadth and depth than ever before. I hear from them in the comments of the posts. Others read my posts and leave comments at Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Some choose the privacy of direct messages on Twitter. They number in the thousands.

If you read my posts, you know I often like to do numerical lists. I will do so here, but I struggled to stop at
ten. Perhaps I will continue the list later. For now, here are ten things I’ve learned about pastors in the past two years.... Read more

Play or download podcast
Overcoming Pastoral Burnout — Rainer on Leadership #011

No comments: