Saturday, January 09, 2016

Saturday Lagniappe: "Real Talk: When People Leave Your Church" and More


Real Talk: When People Leave Your Church

The reality of people leaving your church is one of the hardest things to swallow as a pastor, but how to handle it when you’re the one losing a church member is rarely something you are coached through. We are often simply encouraged to “not take it personal,” or we’re handed the old battle cry of, “Worry more about those who haven’t come yet!” Even so, it still stings when someone leaves your church. Read More

14 Mistakes Search Committees Make

I’ve work with a number of pastor and staff search teams as they vet possible candidates for their open positions. I’ve also spent a lot of time listening to candidates talk about their varied experiences in the process. Here are several mistakes I’ve seen search teams make.... Read More

What I’ve Learned In 20 Years of Ministry

Recently I was startled to realize that I had hit an important milestone in my life, the twentieth anniversary of my ordination to gospel ministry. As I’ve reflected back on that August night back in 1995 Biloxi, Mississippi, I’ve tried to recall some of the things I’ve learned since then. These are not necessarily the most important things I’ve learned—many of those, I’m sure, are subconscious, but these are twenty things that come to mind at the moment that I’ve learned in twenty years of ministry. Read More

Muslims in US Will Double in a Generation

The number of Muslims living in the United States will double within a generation, according to new research. Read More

No comments: