Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Your Church Might Be A Country Club If… (Part 1)


When churches are crafted into the image of consumers, they distort the image of their Savior.

I have been involved at a country club three times in my life. The first time was under my parents’ membership while I was growing up. The second was as an employee serving as the assistant to the golf pro. The third was at an affordable club I found in Louisville a few years back. Let me just say, I have an affinity for golf!

I’ve also grown up in the church and have been a pastor of several churches over the last 12 years. Let me say, with all her blemishes and imperfections (of which I am a part), I love the church!

Having been a part of both as well as studying the North American landscape, I think for many Christians it’s easy to confuse country club membership to church membership. In this two-part blog, I want to highlight eight identifiers that your church might be a country club.

Keep in mind that Jesus didn’t die for the church to be a country club. Jesus died and rose again for the church to be a commissioned conduit to take the good news to the ends of the earth!

With that in mind, here are four identifiers that your church might be a country club. Read More

No comments: