Wednesday, November 10, 2021

4 Hacks to Recruiting New Small Group Leaders


Recruiting new small group leaders can feel like an all-year all-hands-on-deck operation. The ratio of people looking for groups versus people willing to lead seems like it skews to the latter.

Before becoming a pastor, I worked as an admissions counselor at a college. My role focused on recruiting students to apply and attend the college. Some nights, I would go to a college fair where three people would talk with me. Other times, I sat with four students over a cup of coffee who ended coming to the school.

Perhaps, the word recruiting comes across as too sales-y for you. Goals and metrics mattered to me as a pastor and admissions counselor, but the relationships meant the most. In many ways, we need to shift our view of “recruiting” to see it as ongoing relationship building.

As I think about my last eight years on staff as a Small Group Pastor and as an admissions counselor, I want to offer you a few recruiting hacks that you can start using today as a small group point person.... Read More

No comments: