Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Karl Vaters: We Followed the Steps – Where’s the Church Growth?


I read another one of those blog posts yesterday. You know the ones. A list of six steps your church can take to break through whatever growth barrier you’re facing.

Unlike previous posts I’ve mentioned here, this was a good list. Every one of the principles was about church health. In fact, as I read it, something started feeling very familiar. The feeling grew stronger the deeper I got into it.

As I finished reading, I realized where the feeling of familiarity was coming from.
“Hey, that’s our church!” I said with a smile – to an empty room. “We do all those! We’ve been doing them for years. Cool!”

Yes, the picture the author drew of a healthy, growing church was an accurate description of the church I pastor. In all but one way.

Despite years of following every healthy step on the list, our church hasn’t broken the numerical growth barriers. Keep reading

Also see
Karl Vaters: Saying “I Can’t” May Be Your Missing Key to Success

No comments: