Saturday, October 05, 2013

6 Traits of Effective Interim Pastors


Do you have what it takes to be an effective change leader, a skilled interim pastor? For that matter, how do you know if you’ve been called to serve as an interim pastor?

I guess the answer is the same for every variety of vocational ministry. As my favorite Bible college teacher told a group of curious, possibly pre-seminary students, “You know you’re called to ministry when you can’t do anything else.”

When we narrow the question to interim pastors the answer becomes more precise. I can’t give you a yes or no answer to the question but I can tell you the kinds of people that God seems to bless in this line of service. The Lord is free to use whom he wants in any capacity at any time so the best I can offer is a rule-of-thumb. Keep reading

No comments: