Saturday, October 05, 2013

Paul Tripp: Do You Know Your Pastor?


How well do you know your pastor? I don't mean where he went to seminary and what his weekly schedule looks like. How well do you KNOW your pastor. I'm afraid that many times, we don't actually look after the soul of the man leading our church; we ask too few questions and make too many assumptions.

I've written about this many times, and I cover it again in the video below, but pastoral ministry is never shaped solely by knowledge, skill, ministry philosophy, and experience. It's always shaped by the condition of the pastors heart. And if we, as the body of Christ, aren't intentionally pursuing the heart of our pastor, how can we expect him to be in a healthy spiritual position?

Here is a video excerpt about this subject that I recorded with DesiringGod, along with a list of 27 questions that go below the superficial ministry jargon knowledge, skill, ministry philosophy, and experience. Keep reading

No comments: