Friday, April 06, 2018

Friday's Catch: "Love God, Love People, Make Disciples – Everything Else Is Scaffolding" and More


Love God, Love People, Make Disciples – Everything Else Is Scaffolding

Every program, building and denomination is temporary. They should stay in place only as long as they are being effective. Read More

Which Way Are You Leading?

While they may face roadblocks, pastors are in the best position to lead their churches forward. Dan Jarvis explains how they can go about it. Read More

3 Traits of Your Best Vision Carriers

Who are the best vision carriers in your church? Read More

Preaching with Notes: Yes or No

As a young pastor, I faced the unexpected wrath of a church member who couldn’t believe I used notes when I preached. “I want a pastor who only follows the Holy Spirit,” she told me—and then never returned to the church. Since then, I’ve debated pros and cons of using notes, and I’ve preached both ways. Here are my general thoughts.... Read More

How Long Should You Preach to Students?

This is a common question among youth workers, especially within an American culture where attention spans matter. I wonder sometimes if ministries in foreign cultures that are used to longer church services ever have to even ask the question, but that’s perhaps another blog post for another time. Read More

One-on-One with Michael Moynagh on “Church in Life”

Finding simple ways to follow Jesus alongside other Christians. Read More

Are You Evangelistic?

I know, I know. You preach the gospel regularly. You declare weekly or more often the good news about how sinners can be redeemed. But are you evangelistic? Do you regularly put yourself in situations where you can share your faith personally? Read More

No comments: