Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Wednesday's Catch: "What About Those Sheep-Stealing Megachurches?" and More


What About Those Sheep-Stealing Megachurches?

Megachurches keep getting bigger while small churches seem to struggle more than they used to. It's easy to think one is causing the other. Read More

Debunking Megachurch Myths: Especially the One About Sheep Swapping

Without further ado, here are the nine megachurch myths from Scott Thumma and Dave Travis and a little of my commentary about each of them. Keep in mind that these are their myths and I am commenting on them. Read More

Five Reasons Why the Large Single Site Church Is Declining

One of the largely unspoken phenomenon of the past decade has been the decline in large churches located at only one site. Most of the large church growth today is taking place at multisite churches. Read More

5 Questions to Answer for Potential Church Members

Before people commit to joining your church, they want to know the answers to five unspoken questions.... Read More

16 Steps Leaders Can Take To Get Unstuck

In every leader’s life there are times we just feel stuck with no idea how to get positive momentum going.Read More

3 Reasons Why The Preacher Population Is Shrinking And What To Do About It

If the "preacher population" is shrinking, perhaps you have a role to play that could impact generations to come. Read More

9 Reasons New Pastors Lose Their Passion

I remember the excitement I felt when I started pastoring my first church. In no way could I have adequately explained the zeal of my calling. Too often, though, pastors start out like I did and then quickly lose their passion for the ministry task. My work with pastors has shown at least these causes that rob them of their zeal.... Read More

7 Signs It’s Time To Leave

Here are 7 signs that would demonstrate to me it’s time to move on. If you see them in your situation, it might be time to go. Read More

Boring Preaching Is A Crime! 7 Ways to Be Interesting

Preachers must work at being interesting. Brandon Cox offers some tips for doing just that. Read More

One Pastor’s Sermon Preparation Process

Preparing a sermon week after week is a lot of work. Preaching a sermon week after week is also a pure joy. This past week I posted pictures of my sermon preparation process on Twitter, and several pastors and church leaders commented that it was helpful for them. I figured I would publish this blog post with a little explanation for each step. Read More

Matt Chandler: 4 Ways Christians Should Share Their Faith That Are Actually Effective

What does evangelism, what does making disciples, look like in our post-Christian, post-modern, post-truth, post-everything world? Put simply, how do we share the Gospel in the age of unbelief? Read More

No comments: