Tuesday, August 10, 2021

7 Lessons I’ve Carried from ‘Narnia’


Outside of the Bible, I don’t think another book or series has helped me love Jesus more or stirred up a wider range of emotions than The Chronicles of Narnia. These books spur my heart to courage, kindness, humility, resilience, and faith.

And the more I appreciate Lewis’s great story, the more I recognize its echoes of the greatest story in the gospel. Here are seven lessons I’ve carried from each of the seven books in the series. Read More
If you have not read them, all the books in The Chronicles of Narnia are on the Project Gutenberg Canada website. Click on the link and scroll down to Lewis, C. S. If you want to experience the magic of Narnia, start with the first book published--The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  As die-hard Narnia fans will tell you, it is the ONLY way to start the series!! Yes, you have guessed right. I am a die-hard Narnia fan!! The image is the work of Pauline Baynes who originally illustrated the The Chronicles of Narnia and whose drawings are associated in the hearts and minds of Narnia fans with The Chronicles of Narnia. She also illustrated several works of J. R. R. Tolkien. Yes, I am a die-hard Tolkien fan too!!

No comments: