Tuesday, July 05, 2022

13 Sanity Savers for VBS Directors


By Kathy Phillips

We are busy preparing for our church’s VBS (we call it Summer Bible Camp) next week. Details – big and small – must be planned out, tweaked, and re-tweaked to welcome a few hundred campers and volunteers to our program each day. If you are overseeing VBS, you know exactly what I mean!

This summer will mark my third year leading VBS at my church. Each year has brought different joys, challenges and lessons. I often give myself pep-talks throughout the weeks and days leading up to kick-off to encourage me when I start feeling overwhelmed. Can you relate?

When it’s all said and done, I rely on tried and true strategies that keep me sane before, during, and after the madness – I mean planning. Read More

Image Credit: kidmininspiration.com

No comments: