Tuesday, July 05, 2022

5 Keys to Recharging This Summer


By Mark Dance

I recently read (and confirmed) that your phone will recharge twice as fast when you put it in airplane mode. Last summer I decided to experiment with this concept on myself, since I was tired and in need of a personal recharge. To be clear, I was not tired of ministry; simply tired from it. This is a common sentiment from many pastors and leaders who have served enthusiastically for the Lord (see Col. 3:23).

Last spring was the busiest season of ministry I had ever experienced. My church in Arkansas had just completed a historic relocation on Easter while simultaneously launching a ministry center on our downtown campus with several partner churches. Both projects were indescribably fulfilling, but nonetheless draining. Oh yeah – the very next Sunday after our move, an F-4 tornado waltzed through our county killing sixteen and wiping out 500 homes, thus launching the new Ministry Center early.

Ministry sprints are common and often predictably seasonal. With a busy spring behind you and a packed fall calendar ahead, summer is a great time to change the pace and recharge between sprints. Here are a few lessons I learned that helped me recharge last summer. Read More

No comments: