Saturday, July 25, 2015

Living on Mission in Your Community: An Interview with Pastor Clayton Reed


I am thankful for the ministry of Clayton Reed and for how he serves his community.

Ed Stetzer: Clayton, what does it mean to you to be given the “Citizen of the Year” award at the 2015 Southlake Chamber of Commerce banquet?

Clayton Reed: It was totally unexpected. There were a number of local people nominated that had deep, longstanding ties to the community that were incredibly deserving of the award. I was deeply honored to be chosen by the selection committee.

ES: Can you tell us a little bit about what you do in your community?

CR: I currently serve in a number of capacities around the city. I serve as a police chaplain for the City of Southlake. This involves ongoing officer care along with dealing with local families and helping them through tragedies. I also serve on the Mayor’s Advisory Committee, a group of local non-profit leaders who work with the Mayor on the moral agenda of our city. In addition, I serve on a number of local boards, such as the Dragon Youth Football Board and the Chamber of Commerce Board.

Because of my work throughout Southlake over the years, I spend a fair amount of time just in personal conversations with different leaders in the city. For instance, for the last 6 years, I met with the Mayor of Southlake for about 20 minutes before every City Council meeting for personal prayer. Keep reading
Community involvement on the part of church members as well as the pastor are essential to building bridges between a church and the community. 

No comments: