Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pointers for Preachers: Two Articles


Simple, Practical Ways to Improve Your Preaching

Over the years I have heard a lot of sermons; some have been good others, not so much. If you are a preacher then you, like me, want to get better. In this post I’ll take for granted that we understand that no sermon will get off the ground unless it is preaching the Scriptures. If you are not doing this then anything I write here will not help you. What follows here are 5 simple, practical preaching helps. As I study preaching and preachers these things are present in consistently helpful, good expositions. Keep reading

How to Preach Like Jesus (Part 2): Get Practical

I love the practicality and simplicity of Jesus’ teaching. It was clear, relevant, and applicable. He aimed for application because his goal was to transform people, not merely inform them. Keep reading

No comments: