Friday, June 10, 2022

Why Should Pastors Avoid Online Quarrels?


By cfbcalex

I like to post pictures of my kids and family, delicious food I enjoy with my wife, a few quotes from Christian books I’m reading, and an occasional funny Christian meme on social media. But I rarely engage in online debates. Whenever I open Facebook or Twitter for my daily source of encouragement (I’m joking), I sometimes find myself angry reading a post or tweet that is theologically questionable or easily debatable. My initial instinct is to respond immediately, but most of the time I avoid responding online because in my experience I know those conversations are generally counter-productive and a poor stewardship of my time. I have yet to see someone’s convictions change through debates in a comment section. As a local pastor, here are five reasons why I generally avoid quarreling online. Read More

No comments: