Monday, July 05, 2021

5 Ways to Ruin a Sermon


From the first time I read Biblical Preaching by Haddon Robinson when I was twelve years old, I have made it my quest to be the best preacher I could be for the glory of God. By his grace, I’ve been able to preach thousands of sermons to millions of teenagers and adults all across the nation and in various parts of the world.

But I listen to sermons even more than I give them. I love good preaching and great preachers! Tony Evans, Chuck Swindoll, Erwin Lutzer, Craig Groeschel and Louie Giglio are among my favorites. I won’t tell you who are on my DNR (Do Not Recommend) list, but I will tell you that these not-so-great-even-though-popular preachers have some bad habits in common. I’ve heard them ruin great passages with their lame preaching.

With this as a backdrop, here are 5 ways to ruin a sermon.... Read More

Also See:
Preach with Kindness

No comments: