Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Church Leaders, We Can’t Afford to Wait and See.


Embrace the change before the emergency forces the change.

I wrote those words in my book, The Unstuck Church: Equipping Churches to Experience Sustained Health, back in 2017. I’m amazed at how much of the content applies to today’s context.

Even before the pandemic hit, I had hundreds of conversations with pastors about declining in-person attendance, fewer new people connecting to the church, a struggling online experience and more. Yes, the problems we’re experiencing now were problems long before the pandemic.

That’s why it’s concerning to me when I hear pastors say that they’re still planning to “wait and see” if things return to normal, so they can go back to the systems and strategies they’re used to. Read More

No comments: