Saturday, May 01, 2021

7 Questions I Consider Before I Post on Social Media


A few years ago, I developed some questions to consider before I post on social media. While I don’t ask them every time I post, (probably should) my hope is that with this paradigm in my mind it will keep me from regretting as many posts later.

It seemed strange the first time I heard a news story refer to a Twitter feed as a “source” of information. Now it’s commonplace. Employers often review a person’s social media prior to hiring them. Friendships are made and lost through what’s posted online. Who would have thought that just a few years ago?

We now “follow” those we are most interested in and “unfollow” those we aren’t — yet we remain “friends”. The number of “likes” and “favorites” determines some people’s sense of well-being or worth for a day. Crazy.

It’s the culture in which we live.

With so much activity it seems harder to know what to post and when. One thing I do frequently in my profession is help people think through making the right decisions in life. Many times I use questions to help people process on their own. So, here are some of my questions to help you think through your social media posts. (If you choose to use them.) Read More


Also See:
10 Facts from New Pew Data on Social Media Usage

No comments: