Saturday, September 04, 2021

All Hallows Evening Prayer for Saturday Evening (September 4, 2021) Is Now Online

 


All Hallows Evening Prayer is a service of worship in the evening for all pilgrims on the journey to the heavenly city.

I was taught by my grandmother and my mother to not only to do to others what I would have done to me but also to help those less fortunate than myself. They were active in church work aimed at helping the poor and the needy in in the London slums and elsewhere in the United Kingdom. 

My mother attended a college established in 1852 by the Church of England for the training of women teachers, who like their brothers, "would go out to the schools in the service of humanity, lay priests to the poor, moved by Christian Charity.” 

My grandmother and my mother’s passionate interest in helping the less fortunate must have rubbed off on me. Although I trained as a schoolteacher, I would become a social worker involved in child welfare work in the poorer neighborhoods of New Orleans. 

My gransmother and my mother were inspired by Jesus’ teaching to love one’s neighbor as oneself. In Saturday evening’s homily we take a look at what the Bible and Jesus teach about opening our hearts and our hands to the poor and those in need.

The Scripture reading for this Saturday evening is Proverbs 22: 1-2, 8-9, 22-23 Do Not Despise the Poor.

The homily is titled “Open Hearts, Open Hands.”

The link to this Saturday evening’s service is—

https://allhallowsmurray.blogspot.com/2021/09/all-hallows-evening-prayer-for-saturday.html

Please feel free to share the link to the service with anyone whom you believe might benefit from the service.

If an ad plays when you open a link to a video in a new tab, click the refresh icon of your browser until the song appears. An ad may follow a song so as soon as the song is finished, close the tab.

Previous services are online at

https://allhallowsmurray.blogspot.com/

May this service be a blessing to you.

No comments: