Wednesday, September 15, 2021

It's Wednesday: 'Maybe Worship Needs Less Passion and More Purpose' and More


Passion is caused by intense excitement from the outside, purpose is caused by convictions from the inside. Purpose is intentional, passion is situational. Passion occurs when we feel good, purpose occurs even when we don’t. Passion focuses on what we do, purpose focuses on why we do it. Passion is fleeting, purpose is continuous. So, maybe our worship needs a little less passion and a lot more purpose.

10 Things I Did Not Do that Improved My Congregation’s Singing
My congregation sings better than they did a year ago. I have been their worship leader for just over a year, and I have seen progress in their participation in worship through singing. They sing louder; they sing more heartily, and more of them sing than a year ago. This realization occurred to me as I was reading an article on the decline of congregational singing, and it caused me to wonder why we are not a part of the trend. Here are 10 things that I did not do with my congregation over the past year that I think has helped our congregational singing.... 

The Reason You Can’t Find Volunteers
Most churches can’t find enough volunteers because they recruit to the wrong thing. Having an abundance of volunteers is driven by a healthy volunteer culture.

3 Ways to Recruit a Healthy Children’s Ministry Team
What does it take to recruit, train, nurture, and retain the people needed to build a vibrant children’s ministry? How do you inspire and retain members who will keep the ministry going by their presence, energy, and loving efforts?

Religious Exemption Requests Spike as Employers Mandate Vaccine
Some white evangelicals, the faith group most likely to refuse to get the shot, join thousands in citing “sincerely held” religious beliefs.

No comments: