Monday, May 02, 2022

Seven Traits of the Successful Pastor of 2027


The conversations can be discouraging these days. Declining attendance. Conversions down. The great resignation. Closing churches.

Indeed, I have been one of the negative voices speaking about these topics. While my motivation has been to warn rather than discourage, I know the regular conversation of negativity can be disheartening.

Let’s flip the switch. Let’s take a trip five years into the future and look at what successful pastors did over those years. By “successful,” I mean pastors who led churches faithfully, reached their communities, and consistently made disciples. I am not speaking of numerical growth, though numerical growth would often accompany churches led by these pastors.

This exercise is not one of prophetic utterances. Instead, it’s a combination of biblical faithfulness, common sense, and how the pastors have responded during and since the pandemic. We’ve learned a lot from these leaders, and I think we will continue to learn from them as they manifest these seven traits. Read More
This is also a time of great opportunity. If we ask Holy Spirit's guidance and open ourselves to the Holy Spirit's leading, I believe that God will show us where to look for such opportunity, where we will find the set of circumstances that will enable us to accomplish great things for God.

No comments: