Thursday, April 01, 2021

Character Matters


I’d set up and tested the recording gear. I phoned my podcast guest and listened through my headphones. Nothing. I picked up my phone and put it to my ear.

“Sorry. Technical difficulties.” I adjusted a few buttons, and asked if I could call back.

I did. Problems persisted. I began to feel flustered, trying to solve what was wrong as quickly as I could so I didn’t waste my guest’s time.

“Darryl,” my guest said. “It’s no problem. Take your time.”

He exuded calm. He wasn’t just being polite. He wasn’t worried about it. Within seconds, I had things working, and we completed the interview on discipleship. My guest showed so much grace and gentleness in those few moments that I was even more primed to hear what he had to say. Read More

No comments: