Friday, April 09, 2021

It’s Been a Year: Why Isn’t Livestream Worship Better?


Pastors, communication, and media leaders: It’s been over a year since the mandated church lockdowns. Obviously, back then many churches were caught by surprise and needed to do some catching up to make their livestream worship services work for an online congregation. In that process, I know communication and media teams worked overtime getting their production schedules, equipment, and volunteers up to speed, and that incredible effort should be appreciated.

But after a year, I’m distressed to say that I haven’t seen much innovation, and now that we’re moving back into the building, I’m concerned about the future of live-streaming.

I’m not trying to be overly negative, but on this one-year anniversary, I would have liked to see more innovations. We’ve had a year to explore new ideas, adapt more effectively to an online audience, and be more creative in our presentation. But most live-streamed services I’m seeing are not very different from those early first months of the lockdown. What happened? Read More

image credit: philcooke.com

No comments: