Monday, April 05, 2021

It's Tornado Season. Spiritual First Aid Can Help Those Serving Victims


Try this new method developed by the Humanitarian Disaster Institute when administering crisis care

As the Marketing & Communications Leader for the Humanitarian Disaster Institute at Wheaton College, it is my actual job to share the benefits of Spiritual First Aid with you and the world. This is a role I absolutely love and definitely “fan-girled” my way into after first connecting with the incredible resources provided by this team during my tenure on staff at a church in the early days of COVID-19 shutdowns.

I count it a unique privilege to hold my position because I get to both spend my professional hours helping other leaders understand the basic tenets of the world’s first evidence-based and biblical peer-to-peer intervention while also learning more each day about how I can personally work this out in my everyday life. An opportunity to practice what I preach came up in late March when tornadoes hit my community near Birmingham, Alabama. Read More

No comments: