Friday, October 08, 2021

It's Friday: 'The Importance of Affirming Online Attendance' and More


As James Emery White points out, Hebrews 10:24-25 is not about physical gathering, as some choose to narrowly interpret the passage, even going as far as to assert that the Body of Christ does not exist if everyone is not in attendance, a non-Biblical view since the Body of Christ is not a physical entity but a spiritual one, consisting of Christ and his people, connected to each other by the Holy Spirit. A church does need to embrace its online attendees.

Don’t Let Religious Liberty Claims Mask Bad Faith Arguments
When we abuse religious exemptions to evade reasonable public health measures, we run the risk of losing such exemptions fpr legitimate reasons.

Every Youth Ministry Should Do These 4 Things
In this article Russell St. Bernard draws our attention to four things, which a youth ministry, no matter its size or location or the size of its budget, he believes, should be doing. While all of the four things he lists are important, the fourth thing on the list struck me the most important.

Case Study: Getting Groups to Continue
Providing small group leaders with coaches is a long recognized practice in small group ministry. The coaches themselves should be organized into a small group for coaches. Depending on the size of the church, the pastor might be a participant in this group. In large churches the leaders of the small groups for coaches might in turn form a small group in which the pastor is a participant.

Wanted: Spiritual Mothers
In addition to my mother and my grandmother I have had two other spiritual mothers in my life, the two women, now with the Lord, who invited me to join their intercessory prayer group. I learned a lot from them not only about prayer but also about faithfulness. I thank God for putting them in my life and for the many other people he has put in my life to be companions on the way and to help me grow as a disciple of Jesus.

No comments: