Monday, February 22, 2021

15 Accountability Questions That Matter


I realize it’s possible to lie to an accountability partner, but I still think it’s important someone asks us hard questions. More than that, I think it’s imperative we have at least one God-given friendship with someone of the same gender who can read our heart. Here’s the way Kent Hughes summarizes it in his book, Disciplines of a Godly Man (though, I suspect his words apply to godly women, too):[i]

Men, if you are married, your wife must be your most intimate friend, but to say, “my wife is my best friend” can be a cop-out. You also need Christian male friends who have a same-sex understanding of the serpentine passages of your heart, who will not only offer counsel and pray for you, but will also hold you accountable to your commitments and responsibilities when necessary.

Here, then, are some questions worth asking. Even if you don’t use all of them, maybe some will be helpful to you....[ii] Read More

No comments: