Monday, February 15, 2021

For 10 Dollars More


We drive a vehicle that requires expensive gas. According to the manufacturer, in order for our car to run well and last a long time, I can’t just use regular gas. But I did anyway.

To me, the sticker shock of mid-grade gas didn’t seem worth it. Yeah, so our vehicle wouldn’t run quite as smoothly. It’d be fine, I thought. I could run the cheaper fuel and save cash. It was economical.

Then, one day, I heard a knock.

Suddenly, I listened to my engine more intently and far more concerned with my car’s health. So I decided to splurge and buy the mid-grade gas. Lo and behold, the knock immediately went away, and the heart of our beast sounded like it had just rolled off the lot.

It struck me; my stinginess had been slowly killing my car. Read More

No comments: