Saturday, February 27, 2021

Hybrid Groups – The Best of Both Worlds


I am a golfer. At least I try to be.

I have loved playing the game since I was a kid. My grandfather introduced me to golf by giving me my first set of clubs. He took me to my first golf course at age 12.

Over the years I’ve taken lessons, bought equipment like bags, swing aids, and more. The best investment I ever made in equipment, though, were the times I purchased hybrid clubs.

Hybrid clubs came along a few years ago. What is a hybrid club? Glad you asked! A hybrid club combines the best features of an iron and a fairway wood. It’s like those two clubs had a baby. Golfers take a long iron, like a 4-iron, out of their bag (longer irons like 2, 3, and 4 irons are harder for average golfers to hit) and replace it with a 4-hybrid. The hybrid has the same loft as the iron it replaced, but it is easier to hit. Plus, it’s more versatile.

A hybrid club glides through taller grass, unlike its iron counterpart. Because of a lower center of gravity, hybrids help golfers get the ball high into the air. And around the green, hybrids can be used to chip the ball if needed. They really are the best of both worlds.

Let’s think about some hybrid options in your Bible study group. COVID has caused us to rethink many things about group Bible study. Some groups are back on church campus, others are not. Some groups are meeting online, others are not meeting at all. A hybrid Bible study group may be just what your church needs today. Groups can become hybrid groups in three ways.... Read More
The only kind of golf I play is putt-putt (or miniature golf). It was a struggle to read the first half of this article. The illustration that he was using did not connect with me. However, Ken Braddy does make some good suggestions in the last half of the article.

No comments: